OK you know I have a son Nic who is 15. He'l be 16 in Ocotber. We had Jazmin here the pg girl who is 15 but she has now left but I gather is currently homeless again and drifting from friend to friend. Then we have John her brother who has lived with us for going on a year now.
Well the 3 of them want to rent a house together.
I feel that will be a very big mistake for many reasons.
None of them know how to keep a place clean, you should see their bedrooms and around their computers!!! urgh..
They have no idea about money management and how to pay bills. They all get a youth allowance of some sort, Nic will get his of $183 a fortnight once he turns 16 but that has to stay in my name til he gets to 18. I know centrelink have a weird way of structuring things.
legally you can leave home at 16... that's the law... but as far as centrelink is concerned you are responsible for children til they are at least 21. We had to sign forms at one stage to say it was no longer posssible for Greg to live at home so he could get the living away from home allowance.
Nic with his autism and being in his own world.. yeah I can really see him working it out living in a house with two other sloths. His idea of washing clothes is you throw them in a pile behind the bedroom door then they magically disappear for a day and come back clean and neatly folded on the chair in his bedroom. Dishes disappear from his room or computer after several days and end up clean in the cupboard.. he has NO idea!!! Not for want of trying to teach him!!!
Please tell me no-one will rent out a house to a 15, nearly 16 and 17 yr old.
If they do get a house then the world really has gone mad.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Never a dull moment huh Judy?
He could be like me and move out but still bring that dirty laundry home!lol Though, I did it myself...I just didn't want to pay to wash my clothes at the laundrymat.
It might depend on the housing market where you are. A landlord might figure that taking a chance on the kids is better than more months with no rent at all. Interesting. I try to remember with my kids that even bad experiences are good experiences if they come out with no lasting damage and all the wiser. I hope that is the case with your children.
Post a Comment